The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is a Government approved inspectorate responsible for the inspection of Association independent schools. Schools in the Association are ranked among the best in the world and educate more than half a million children in 1,200 schools.
ISI inspects all provision in Association independent schools, including education, Early Years Foundation Stage settings and boarding welfare provision.
ISI Inspection - April 2016 - Top Grade of ‘Excellent’ achieved in every category!
Our ISI Inspection Report is now published and we are delighted to report that Royal Russell achieved the top grade of ‘excellent’ in every aspect.
The Quality of Academic and other Achievements
- The quality of the pupils’ achievements and learning Excellent
- The contribution of curricular and extra-curricular provision Excellent
- The contribution of teaching Excellent
The quality of the pupils’ personal development
- The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils Excellent
- The contribution of arrangements for pastoral care Excellent
- The contribution of arrangements for welfare, health and safety Excellent
- The quality of boarding education Excellent
The effectiveness of governance, leadership and management
- The quality of governance Excellent
- The quality of leadership and management, including links with parents, carers and guardians Excellent
The Early Years Foundation Stage
- The Early Years Foundation Stage Excellent
A few of the many highlights from the report are shown below:
"The school is highly successful in meeting its aim to provide an outstanding academic education and an extensive range of co-curricular activities in the context of a family School. Throughout the school, from the EYFS to the sixth form, pupils’ achievement in academic subjects is excellent."
"At all ages, pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is excellent, they are self-aware, confident, tolerant and respectful. Relationships throughout the school are excellent."
"Pupils throughout the Junior and Senior Schools are particularly well educated and show excellent levels of subject knowledge, skill and understanding in line with the school’s aim to provide an outstanding academic education. Pupils are skilled learners, displaying excellent levels of creativity, logical thought and independence."
"Throughout the School, pupils show initiative and they express ideas and understanding of concepts with refreshing ease."
"The outcomes for boarders are excellent and reflect successful implementation of boarding aims and principles."
We thoroughly enjoyed the inspection experience and the opportunity to showcase all that makes Royal Russell unique. We are thrilled with the report and immensely proud of all our pupils and staff, who work to achieve their very best at all times and have received well-deserved recognition of their efforts.
Please click on the links below to view our latest inspection reports