This is a very broad ranging subject starting with the challenges faced when a business starts and grows.
The main areas include:
· The management and organisation of employees
· The processes required to produce a product and or provide a service
· The process of Marketing, including how a business can create a loyal customer base
· Basic business finance including; cash flow, income statements and statements of financial position
· How businesses are increasingly affected by the external environment.
There is extended writing in the exams so a student needs to be able to develop and justify their business decision. Also, a student will need to complete basic financial calculations so they need to be numerate.