Royal Russell offers the kind of high quality education that any parent would wish for their child in a stunning parkland location, which complements and enhances every learning experience. From our Junior School through to the Sixth Form, our pupils are rightly proud of their School and their achievements during and after their time with us are a lasting testament to what they have learned.
The School’s specific aims are set out in Our Values:
Royal Russell is an inclusive school which provides a high quality academic education for our girls and boys. We seek to develop the best of our pupils, staff and families within a vibrant community; one which cares and shows mutual respect for all and celebrates the success of each individual as part of the whole.
The School's motto 'non sibi sed omnibus' (Not for oneself but for all) is at the heart of our ethos.
All members of the School community are encouraged to give of their best and to share their talents with, and for, others. The School motto, non sibi sed omnibus, fosters the true meaning of identity and self and challenges us to acknowledge our responsibilities and duties to the communities to which we belong; locally, nationally and internationally.
Who we are
We are a Family School and embrace and support our whole community
- We are passionate learners and pursue excellence in all that we do
- We are ambitious for ourselves and recognise the rewards of effort, collaboration and commitment
What we do
- We provide an outstanding, academic, 3 - 18 co-educational experience as the Family School of choice in South London.
How we feel
- We feel nurtured and supported within our happy community
- We celebrate our diversity and inclusivity
- We enjoy our international family connections
- We feel proud to be Russellians
What we believe
- We believe in the School’s motto ‘Not for oneself but for everyone’
- We believe in ourselves and each other and recognise the value of integrity and respect
- We believe in the adventure of learning, discovery and play
- We nurture pupils’ intellectual, social, physical, creative, cultural and moral development, encouraging an enjoyment of learning and the pursuit of academic excellence within a safe and stimulating learning environment.
- We offer pupils a broad curriculum and co-curricular programme, for acquiring knowledge, skills and attitudes in preparation for a fulfilling and successful future
- We promote spiritual and moral values through Christian principles, emphasising honesty, integrity, generosity and a respect for other people and the environment.
- We enhance pupils’ self-awareness and self-confidence, enabling them to develop their leadership skills; to value their own and others’ efforts and achievements and to develop a sense of care and responsibility for the School community and for wider society.