Year 7 Entry (11+)
The Application Process
Once you have completed a registration form, the admissions process is as follows:
- On receipt of the registration form, we will approach the candidate’s current school for a confidential reference
- If your child requires any exam concessions, please indicate on the registration form and attach a copy of their EHCP and a copy of an educational psychologist’s report (dated within the last two years)
- Look at the Key Dates below for the most up-to-date entry information
- Complete any scholarship and/or bursary forms
- If you have not already visited the school, please contact Admissions to join us for one of our virtual events. Please click here for more information.
If you would like any further information regarding the entrance exam, please contact the Admissions team on email@example.com.
The Examination Day
The tests take place over two days on Tuesday 5 and Wednesday 6 January 2021 although they can also be arranged to take place in the candidates own school.
The key features of the tests are:
- they cover verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, English and Mathematics
- they are online and adaptive
- they are in a multiple-choice format
- they take about two and a half hours to complete (English 25 minutes, mathematics 50 minutes, non-verbal reasoning 32 minutes, verbal reasoning 36 minutes)
- the four tests can be taken together or at separate times
Please watch this short video from ISEB to explain how these test work in further details.
Data from the tests will be supplemented by a full reference from the candidate's current school and we are also planning to interview all canidates, either remotely or in person.