Year 9 Entry (13+)
The Application Process
Once you have completed a registration form, the admissions process is as follows:
- On receipt of the registration form, we will approach the candidate’s current school for a confidential reference
- If your child requires any exam concessions, please indicate on the registration form and attach a copy of their EHCP and a copy of an educational psychologist’s report (dated within the last two years)
- Look at the Key Dates below for the most up-to-date entry information
- Complete any scholarship and/or bursary forms
- Download the sample papers
- If you have not already visited the school, please contact Admissions to join us for one of our virtual events. Please click here for more information.
The Examination Day
- Candidates will take the assessments at Royal Russell School or it can be arranged for them to take place at the candidates current school.
- There will be assessments in Maths, English and Online Reasoning. Sample papers and further information are available on the website
- We interview all candidates in person or remotely and ask them to bring a piece of work or small trophy/object of interest to be used as a starting point for discussions
If you would like any further information regarding the entrance exam, please contact the Admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org.