Year 9 Entry (13+)
The Application Process
Once you have completed a registration form, the admissions process is as follows:
- On receipt of the registration form, we will approach the candidate’s current school for a confidential reference
- If your child requires any exam concessions, please indicate on the registration form and attach a copy of their EHCP and a copy of an educational psychologist’s report (dated within the last two years)
- Look at the Key Dates below for the most up-to-date entry information
- Complete any scholarship and/or bursary forms
- Download the sample papers
- If you have not already visited the school, please contact Admissions to arrange a personal tour
The Examination Day
All candidates spend the day with us from 8:00am till 4:00pm.
- There will be assessments in Maths, English and Online Reasoning. Sample papers and further information are available on the website
- We interview all candidates and ask them to bring a piece of work or small trophy/object of interest to be used as a starting point for discussions
- All candidates stay with us for a delicious school lunch!
- In the afternoon, all candidates take part in an activity of their choice (for example Art, Science, Drama, Music, Football, Swimming)
If you would like any further information regarding the entrance exam, please contact the Admissions team on firstname.lastname@example.org.