GCSE Business Studies
This is a very broad ranging subject starting with the challenges faced when a business starts and grows.
The main areas include:
- The management and organisation of employees
- The processes required to produce a product and or provide a service
- The process of Marketing, including how a business can create a loyal customer base
- Basic business finance including; cash flow, income statements and statements of financial position
- How businesses are increasingly affected by the external environment.
There is extended writing in the exams so a student needs to be able to develop and justify their business decision. Also, a student will need to complete basic financial calculations so they need to be numerate.
The GCSE is a very popular subject with a high percentage of students continuing their studies by taking Business or Economics at A level.
Beyond that Business and Economics degrees are amongst the most popular courses for Royal Russell students, providing a pathway for a wide variety of careers from Banking, Accounting, Marketing and Management.