Sixth Form Subjects
Choosing the right subjects in the Sixth Form can be one of the most important decisions you make.
At Royal Russell, we provide a wide range of subjects at A level, along with BTEC National qualifications in Business; Sport; and Digital Film and Video Production. Most students choose 3 subjects to study.
Our study programmes are complemented by a host of co-curricular opportunities as well as educational trips; a weekly lecture programme; timetabled careers lessons; a Games afternoon; Challenge Days; and a Footsteps to Futures programme.
When choosing which subjects to study you should:
- Seek advice from the Upper School Team, including the Assistant Head - Upper School; your Head of Year and/or the Head of Careers
- Speak to your House Tutor and subject teachers
- Speak to current Sixth Formers who are studying the subjects you are considering
- Consider what subjects you enjoy and find stimulating and rewarding
- Consider what you are good at and where your strengths and skills lie
- If you know what you want to study at university, be clear of the subjects and grades that are essential entry requirements.
It is important that you feel confident about your choices and are committed to the hard work and effort that is required to achieve your goals.