English Literature A Level
English Literature is a fascinating and exciting subject which teaches exceptional written as well as verbal communication skills and prepares students for an enormous range of exciting careers, such as: Marketing, Publishing, Advertising, Law, Teaching, TV and the Media and many, many more!
The course aims to teach students:
- To enjoy reading widely, independently and critically
- To explore how texts are constructed and appreciate authorial craft
- To evaluate the social, cultural and historical conditions of the time in which the text was produced
- To assess textual evidence and make confident judgements about characters, themes and wider ideas
- To express opinions and construct arguments in clear and dynamic English.
- To think outside the box, to debate ideas in lessons and to work with others in a fun, intellectually stimulating environment
Looking Further Ahead
An A Level in English Literature is a solid, academic qualification that will access undergraduate courses in any discipline. To a potential employer, it is a good indication of powers of expression, the ability to make reasoned judgements and an awareness of human experience.
Preivous students who have studied A Level English Literature have gone on to undertake many exciting things such as studying Media and Communications, Politics, Philosophy and Economics, Management Studies and Journalism at leading Universities.