Sport provides a personal and enjoyable experience that is an integral part of life at Royal Russell and beyond.
A clear vision for sport, alongside a carefully designed long-term athlete development model, ensures a smooth transition and unique continuity across all age groups. Tailor made programmes for teams and individuals are delivered by our highly qualified teachers and specialist coaches.
The huge advantage of our Junior and Senior school sharing the same site, coupled with the expertise that is spread across the entire programme, enables us to monitor the progress of every pupil. This ensures we get the very best out of our pupils at all ages and levels in their sport at Royal Russell.
We continue to invest heavily in sport and our exceptional on-site facilities include:
- 4 full size and 4 junior size grass football pitches
- A new national standard floodlit hockey pitch.
- 2 further new floodlit all-weather games areas for Netball and Tennis
- Large well equipped sports hall
- A pavilion with strength and conditioning suite
- 25m indoor swimming pool and separate teaching pool.
- A challenging cross-country course winds its way through our extensive and beautiful grounds.
The school has full planning permission to build a floodlit 4G football astroturf. With further exciting projects in the near future and a growing reputation, sport at Royal Russell offers exceptional opportunities for all our pupils.