Breakfast and After School Clubs
We understand that for many of our parents a longer school day is a necessity. Normal school hours are 8:25 am to 3.30 pm and we offer wraparound care from 7:45 am to 6:00 pm.
- Available from 7:45 am every day for children from Nursery to Year 6
- Supervised by Royal Russell teaching assistants
- Children enjoy a selection of cereals, toast and spreads, breakfast pastries, fruit juice, milk, fresh fruit and yoghurt.
Fee: £4.40 per day when booked in one half term in advance.
Childcare Vouchers are accepted.
Lower Junior Crèche
- Available for children in Nursery, Reception and Years 1 and 2.
- Our after school crèche operates every day until 6:00 pm. Children can join in a wide range of supervised indoor and outdoor activities.
- A hot meal is provided to all children staying for crèche.
Fee: £14.55 per day when booked one whole term in advance.
After School Clubs
Lower Junior Clubs
We run a programme of Lower Junior Clubs from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm throughout the week. Clubs are allocated using a preference based system and pupils can access 2 to 3 clubs per week, depending on availability and preferences. Some clubs will incur a charge where we employ specialist coaches. Children can also attend Crèche following a club.
Upper Junior Clubs
Pupils in Years 3 to 6 can enjoy a wide-ranging programme of co-curricular activities through the week each term. Clubs are allocated on a preference based system which takes into account every child’s preferences over the course of a week.
Activities run at the end of the school day starting at 3:30pm. The majority of activities end at 4.40pm, however some run until 5.30pm, with supervision available until 6.00pm. A hot meal and supervision is available for pupils where clubs/activities finish at 4.40pm.
The majority of Year 3 to 6 activities are included in Upper Junior fees. Where activities require expertise from an external coach or company a charge will be made. Parents will be notified of the cost prior to signing their child up to a club or activity.
Prep, our home learning club, is also available every day for children to complete their work in a quiet, supervised environment.
What our Inspection Report says:
A broad range of extra-curricular activities is offered by the school for pupils in Years 3 to 6. These activities offer excellent cross-curricular opportunities; for example, the painting and dance clubs. The pupils are very enthusiastic about these activities and enjoy the variety on offer.