Swimming Lessons for children of 4+ years
We offer different options for swimming and are delighted in your interest in the Swim School.
We offer Learn to Swim Lessons from after a child is 4 years old and up and adult sessions for beginners and improvers. We offer places based on enquiry date and a waitlist.
In order to make this process more effective, please detail your swimmer's ability and age (children only) we can then ensure you are on the right section of the waitlist.
Swimming Lessons for Adults
Our Adult lessons run on Wednesday evenings and Saturday morning/afternoons. We offer classes from beginners to swim fit levels.
We have swimming memberships which offer family and individual swims at different points in the week. These times change termly. We do reserve the right to make changes to these session times. Once you are a member you can see availability and book which slots you would like.
Membership details can be found in the links below:
- Availability - dates and times are visible upon booking
- Pricing - link coming soon
- Direct Debit Form - link coming soon
We would be delighted to answer any of your questions and look forward to welcoming you here to Royal Russell. For any questions regarding memberships, please email Charlie Henson – firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding Swim School, please contact Annabel Shaw – email@example.com
Swimming Pool Best Practice:
Please use the shoe coverings when entering the building and keep the covers on for the duration of your time in the pool hall.
- One adult will be permitted to accompany each child and be required to stay on the poolside for the lesson duration.
- Adults are permitted to watch in the designated seating area.
- The use of mobile phones is not permitted anywhere in the pool hall or building.
- We try our best to place children in the correct classes – If we feel your child needs to be moved, we will try and do this in the first few weeks of term.
- Our teachers will plan lessons, so they concentrate on confidence building, skills and stroke technique.
- Advanced classes will concentrate on stroke technique and stamina.
- Children 8 and over need to change in their gender changing rooms.
- Parents of children under 8 can help with changing but need to be in gender-appropriate changing rooms of the adult accompanying them.
- Children will be assessed every other term. Assessment dates will be on the application forms.
- Please keep to the speed limit when using the roads within the school.
- All children must be supervised whilst on the school premises.
- We work to government and official swimming guidelines.
Pool Party Information
- Pool Parties are held on Sundays either 11.30am-1.30pm OR 3.30pm-5.30pm
- 1hr in the pool and 1hr in the party room
- Floats, toys and balls in the pool
- Party host to bring food and drinks for the duration of the party
- Lifeguards on duty but swimmers not confident in water must be accompanied by an adult in the water
- Cost £195 (maximum 20 children)
For further information, please email Charlie Henson, Leisure Facilities Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.